Sunday, February 9, 2014

Products I Used Up in January!

Since moving, seeing everything I have I decided to really focus on using things up. To get rid of the clutter and excess, so each month on my beauty channel and on here I will be posting what I used up that month and how I liked it. This month there is mainly beauty products. Next month, there should be some makeup thrown in as well! 

1. Bath and Body Works Lotion in Signature Vanilla & Berry: I love this scent! I definitely like the Triple Body Moisture Creams better then the body lotions. I would get this again just for the scent! According to Bath and Body Works it is "a juicy kiss of luscious berries and cool vanilla. It is a pretty sweet scent and smells exactly what you would think. So, if you like berries and vanilla scent check this out! 

 2. Possibilities By Ann Taylor: I have had two bottles and lotions of this perfume. I really like it the scent. "Its delicate and classic fragrance flaunts a bouquet of Bulgarian Rose, Waterlily, Blue Rose, Peach Musk, and Exotic Woods in an exquisite bottle." I might repurchase this later. For now, I am going to use up some of my other perfumes and try some new ones!

 3. Dove REFRESH+care Invigorating Dry Shampoo: To start with I wouldn't repurchase this product. I have found a dry shampoo that I really like, it is Not Your Mothers -- Clean Freak Dry Shampoo! The Dove Dry Shampoo did have
Two positives: 
a. It didn't leave a white residue in my hair (not usually a problem with my blonde hair, but could be helpful for others.) 
b. The smell: it is a lot like floral perfume. Too much and it is over powering though. 
Two negatives: 
a. It didn't last long. I feel like I used this maybe five times before it was empty. It is pretty inexpensive but I was hoping for it to last longer.
b. It didn't make my hair not greasy. My hair get greasy so easily, so some mornings I need dry shampoo. This no matter what method I used to apply it, it never worked!

4. Downy Unstoppables in Shimmer: This stuff is amazing! There are 6 different scents. This one is in Shimmer (my favorite of the ones I have tried) light floral and freshness. I love how it makes my clothes smell. All you do is put it in your washer with your detergent and it makes your clothes smell so good! It does last but it is not strong when they come out of the dryer. I am not sending my husband to work/school smelling like a flower garden! Since we finished this we decided to try Purex Crystals and I definitely want to get Downy Unstoppables when we run out! 

5. Bath and Body works body mist in Butterfly Flower: I have had this body Mist for a long time! It smells just like a floral garden! The scent is too strong for me, but the scent didn't last long. I got this such a long time ago that now they just have shower gel and body lotion in this scent. The description of the scent they give is : " Butterfly Flower is a light scent, inspired by the natural elegance and playful femininity of a garden in full bloom
Top Notes: Black Tea, Mouthwatering Tangerine, Cyclamen, Banana Leaf
Mid Notes: Maxillaria Tenufolia Orchid, Asian Syringa Flower, French Mimosa." I used this not only as a body mist but as a room spray, but I wouldn't repurchase this.
6. Bath and Body works Pomergranit Citrus Fragrance Mist: Again, I got this scent such a long time ago that they do not sell it anymore, I did find it on Amazon for anyone that is curious. The back of my bottle says that it is a exotic burst of zesty citrus and fresh pomegranate. I won't be repurchasing this even if they were to bring it back, even though I loved the smell. The reason is because I used this mainly as a room spray. I can buy less expensive room sprays that stay in the air longer. If I were to use this as a body mist I could purchase perfumes that last a lot longer. Overall, I don't think I will be repurchasing body mists. I do have a few finish up though. 


 7. Bath and Body Works Triple Moisture Body Cream in Charmed Life: I am not obsessed with Bath and Body Works. but they always get me with their sales when I go in to get one thing, I come out with 6. Like I said before I love their triple Body Moisture Creams, this one is not exception. This scent with is "charming blend of guava, pear and vanilla musk inspired by taking chances, having fun and savoring life's fabulous moments."  Unfortunately, this is discontinued or I would repurchase this in no time! 
 8. Bumble and bumle's BB Creme De Coco: I loved this stuff! I will definitely have to repurchase it! When my hair felt dry and I would use this and it would feel so moisturized and less frizzy! My mom gave me this as a sample and I am so glad she did! I had to be careful though because if my hair wasn't feeling dry it made my hair feel a little greasy. It is pricey, but I think it is worth it! 


 9. LA Fresh Make-up Remover Towelettes: I will not be repurchasing this only because I do not use make-up remover wipes anymore. They all leave my face feeling slimy. 
10. Jouer Lip Enhancer: I got this as a sample in my Birchbox. I really liked the product and enjoyed using it. The reason I will not be repurchasing is that it is quite pricey.I have found products that I like better for cheaper.








11. Trident Layers Grape Lemonade: I loved this stuff! Lemons and Lemonade are probably my favorite flavor and this gum didn't disappoint! Try it out! I know I will be repurchasing it! 
 
Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed! Let me know what your favorite thing was for the month of January! 

~Annelise



No comments:

Post a Comment