Tuesday, February 11, 2014

They Can't Locate My Professor ?

This story is odd, interesting and all kinds of weird and it is still unfolding and I will keep you posted! 

Background: I am sure many of you all know that I am studying Elementary Education. However, I was studying Civil Engineering and was 18 hours away. So, in college I have taken Calculus 1, 2 and 3 as well as Differential Equation. When I switched my major to Elementary Education I did have to take one more math class called: Math for Elementary Teachers. This class is suppose to teach you how to teach math to children I was so excited for this class because I love teaching an d math so...what could be better? 
Start of the Semester: The first day I walked into class (MWF 2:30-3:20), I was excited! Then the professor said this is NOT how to teach children math but teaching you all math. Are you kidding me? I talked to my adviser and I couldn't get out of the class. This class quickly became one of my least favorite classes in college. I never wanted to go, but I always made myself just in case he said something important while he was teaching us addition! 

My husband & I
Friday: My husband, Andy, also has a class at this time so we ride together back to school. My professor was always a few minutes late, but the university has a policy that if they are more then ten minutes late you can leave. On Friday he never showed up so we all left. We thought it was odd because we had homework to turn it and he hadn't answered anyone's emails. My friend and I just talked until my husband was done with class. 

Monday: Andy had to stay at school between classes to work on a project so I drove myself back up to school. As I sat in the class 5 minutes went by and close to the ten minute mark another professor came in and said, "we can not locate your professor so class is cancelled today." Everyone was confused on what he meant but I just went home, a little frustrated that I had driven there just to turn around and go back. 

Tuesday: I received an email from the math department saying: 
Hello, 
Thanks for your concern for your professor. I can tell you that he is okay.
Your Math class will have coverage so plan on attending as usual.  (a little more detailed but this was the gist.) 

So, we will see what happens on Wednesday and see if they tell us anymore. I have never in my life been told that we can't locate your professor/teacher. Do you have a odd story about a teacher? Leave it as a comment! Thanks for reading! 

~Annelise

No comments:

Post a Comment