Friday, March 7, 2014

Juice Cleanse

I have wanted to do a juice cleanse for awhile. I wanted to do one just to prove I could and to see how it made me feel. So two weeks ago (exactly) I decided I was going to do a three day juice cleanse. I work Saturday in the morning at a grocery store so I thought I might as well start then, Sunday I just had to go to church and my Mondays aren't normally two bad. Below is the plan I used it was the Dr Oz #3 Day Detox Cleanse. I tried to follow it the best I could. 
 
Friday- I got all the ingrdients and let me tel lyou it was pretty expensive but I was able to find all the ingrdients I needed at my local Dillons/Kroger store.

Saturday- I made the morning smoothie (pictures will be below) and went to work. I was pretty full when I went on my lunch break but since I hadn't had time to make my lunch smoothie I got a RAAW Lemongrass and raspberry drink. After work was over I made the lunch drink and I was very full. Both drinks (morning and lunch) were okay. They weren't the best thing ever but they were bad either. The morning one was really bad then there is not enough raspberries it in (which happened two of the mornings). The lunch drink tastes like a green drink. The lunch drink is the only drink that I used a juicer for both the morning and dinner I just used a blender. Saturday night I went to a rodeo so I made the night drink and drank 1/2 before I left. When I got home I was too tired so I didn't drink the rest. 

Sunday- I woke up and went to church and then made my breakfast drink. I then worked on homework and went to work out. I wouldn't suggest working out while on a juice cleanse I got a little weak. When I got home I drank a lunch smoothie and a little while later I finished the dinner smoothie I had made the day before. 

Monday- The last day, my husband actually made my breakfast drink and I drank it on the way to school. On my break I drank my lunch drink and then went to class. When I got home I relaxed and watched some TV. I ended up falling asleep around 5 PM and then waking up about 11 PM when I woke up I just drank some water and went to bed. 

Over all I had a positive experience and I might try it again. The hardest part is food is a social thing especially in college that is the reason I did it when I did because I had nothing going on those three days. I didn't have any bad symptoms with it and I lost about 3-5 pounds (my scale is temperamental). 

This is the morning Drink

This is the "snack" drink I had at work


This is the lunch drink (it was better cold)

I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the dinner drink since I only made it once. I would love to hear if any of you have done a juice cleanse. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you reading! Have a great day! 

~Annelise

No comments:

Post a Comment