Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 2014 Birchbox

I just received my January Birchbox. I have been getting Birchbox for total about two years (I took a one year break for financial reasons). It is a $10 a month subscription service where you get a box with beauty products inside. I made a video entitled What is Birchbox? If you want to know more don't be afraid to ask. I would definitely recommend it as long as you have an extra $10 each month! I feel like this month is a great box.



Each month one of the things in the box is a list of everything in the box. The list includes...
1. product name
2. Company name  
3. Price for the Full-size or certain amount 
4. What it is 
5. How you use it 
This list is helpful, if you have no idea what the product is it also gives me a good way to describe it to you all in the beginning. 


 The packaging is very neat and it always fits in my mail box! I big plus! I have had a product leak out on my during shipping and birchbox replaced it and got back with me very quickly. 







 The first item that I saw was the Protect & Detangle by Beauty Protector. It is a spray that you use on damp hair and it is suppose to protect & detangle (hence the name). I am excited to use this product because I use a detangler EVERY time I get out of the shower or my hair is a complete rat's nest and I cant get a comb through it without taking a lot of hair with me!





 The next product is Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. I am always in the market for a new cleanser for my face, I found a lot I like but none that have done amazing things for my skin or that I have just really liked. This is something I have never tried you first put the cleanser on your face and massage it in. Then you hot the muslin cloth (and hot water) and wipe it off in small circles. I love the idea especially in the winter time, the hot water will feel so good!



 The next product is a lotion. This is another thing that I love trying. I love the Bath & Body Works Triple Moisture Creams, but I am always will to try different lotions to combat my dry skin in the winter. This is the Pink Grapefruit Nourishing Body Cream by 100% pure. I am excited to see how nourishing they actually are! 






The next product is something I am always excited to see in my birchbox, a NAIL POLISH! I have never been able to use a full bottle of nail polish before it dries out so these little bottles are perfect. Since nail polish is normally $8 anyway, if you like the color it is like you got everything else in the box for $2. This nail polish is my the brand Ruby Wing and in the color Kitten Heels. Such a cute, fun name! I like the bright color, but it isn't just that color. If you can see in the first picture, it changes color in sunlight, it becomes a rich magenta. I am excited to try it out and see how it works!



 The last thing in my box was a lifestyle extra. Ashmad Tea London. The three flavors I got were Jasmine Romance (green tea) and Peach & passion Fruit and English No. 1 Tea (both black teas). I love tea! I am excited to try these new flavors. I usually stick with green teacso it will be fun to branch and out try some black tea.




I hope you enjoyed reading. I will have a review on this Month's Box in January! I hope you check out my beauty channel for more fashion and beauty as well as my vlog channel to see what's going on in my life in video form! I hope you all have an amazing day!

~Annelise



No comments:

Post a Comment