Monday, January 20, 2014

NOTD: Dove by Zoya

 I love when my nails are painted. I feel like it makes me look more put together no matter what outfit I have on. I usually change my nail polish once a week or so, depending on the wear and time. I am not the best nail painter of all times and can be impatient (not a good combination). I picked this polish, Dove by Zoya, because of its neutral-like color. The Zoya Website describes it as a soft, delicate light neutral gray with an opaque, glossy creme finish. Unexpected and flattering as a wear-with-anything neutral with a twist. 


I start school tomorrow (January 21st) so I wanted a neutral nail polish so it would match. I am a matchy-matchy person. Things have to match or it bothwers me. I just took off a red nail polish, and if I wasn't wearing red in my clothes I wore red lipstick/stain/gloss to tie it in. One reason I loved this color, one less thing I have to worry about.  


Below are some different pictures I took around my house, in different lighting so you can get a better idea how it would look. I did use three coats. The first coat was not opaque at all so you definitely need two layers, but I like to be safe then sorry and normally do 2-3 coats not matter how opaque the first coat is.

























I don't own a base coat and my nail polish seems to stay on pretty well without one.I do think a top coat is important for the longevity of your nail polish. I use Essie's Good to Go and I love it. It adds some shine and smoothness to my nails. I would definitely recommend it! 




I hope you enjoyed reading this post for more beauty and fashion check out my youtube channel! If you would like watch some of my daily life, my vlog channel is the place to be! Have an awesome day! 

~Annelise

No comments:

Post a Comment