Wednesday, January 22, 2014

OOTD: First Day Back!

Yesterday, January 21st, was my first day back to school after winter break. I only had once class today it is one of my teaching classes. The title of the class is Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners. My teacher is 25 years old and get her doctorate in two weeks. She graduated high school at 16 has taught in elementary schools for three years! 
I thought I would show you my outfit. Just a side note it was FREEZING this morning! It felt like -6, when I was walking to class, way too cold! I set out four outfits on Sunday to wear this week! That helped SO much when I was getting ready, I would definitely recommend it. I didn't set an outfit for a certain day, but just made four outfits, that way I get to choose each morning.  

So let's get into the outfit: 

Jacket: I got this jacket two years ago from my mom for Christmas! I love it! My favorite neutral to wear is gray. It is not see-through like white can be or show everything like black. It is a happy medium. This jacket is a gray pea-coat from the brand Hydraulic

Scarf: I love wearing scarfs when it is cold, it keeps your neck cold when you are heading to class/work, but once you are inside you can still keep it on and it completes an outfit. I have had this gray zebra scarf for years!

Sweater: To add some color to this outfit, I added a bright red sweater by the brand Merona ( from Target). I wish it was a little longer, but overall it keeps me warm and adds some color to a bland winter day.

Jeans: I don't own a lot of jeans at the moment, my body has been changing (growing hips, etc.). This jeans seem to still fit me pretty well, they are pretty stretchy. The American Eagle Artist Jeans in a dark wash are very comfortable and are a perfect length for flats. 
Shoes:  My shoes are little gray booties, I have had them for years! I can't remember when or where I got them, they are the brand Xhileration. They do have some fun detailing on the side, which I really like!  

I have the same nails as my last post (Dove by Zoya). If you keep up with my YouTube beauty channel you might have seen, a video I posted recently about an outfit I was planning to wear the first day back. I decided to wear that outfit later in the week ( maybe tomorrow). 
I hope you enjoyed reading! 
Annelise 

No comments:

Post a Comment