Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 Yearly Favorites

I can't believe 2014 is over! This year was pretty exciting! I am ready for 2015 because I will be graduating college and starting my career, as well as moving hopefully somewhere fun! Enjoy! 


1. Eleven Perfection Eye Creme + Concealer- I received this in my Birchbox earlier this year and have been using it most mornings to give my under eyes hydration and a little bit of color. Under my eyes are white so I have to add color to them and this helped on days I wasn't wearing much makeup. Many days I would add concealer on top of this product. I loved this product this year! 


2. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12- Hour Full Coverage Foundation in Medium- My mom gave me this foundation a little over a year ago and I have loved it! It is a little dark for me right now, but when I can make it work I use it! It has great coverage, but feels so light on your skin. It is amazing I will be getting the right color for me when I use up a few of my foundations I already have. 


3. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent- I believe I have purchased this powder three or four times this year and I am in love with it. It sets my foundation and concealer without ever looking cakey or powdery. I can even put it over foundations that have that issue and it looks perfect. I always get it in transparent because then I can use it no matter how tan or ghostly I am at the time. 
 
4. E.L.F. Baked Blush in Pinktastic- I purchased this blush about a year ago and ever since June or July I have used it to highlight and I in love with it. I always go back to it even when I try other highlighters. I think it gives my skin such a gorgeous glow and it is the perfect shade for my skin. 


5. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Blush in Strawberry- This blush broke over a year ago and it has been sitting on my vanity and this year I wanted to use it up (it hasn't happened yet). I loved this plus because I realized how versatile it is. I used it year round and it worked perfectly and I loved it!  


6. Revlon Color Stay Eye Shadow Quad in Siren- This year I have used up several eye shadows, but this pallet  seemed to be one I was constantly using this whole year. A lot of the eye shadows I was focusing on were matte shades so when I wanted shimmer I reached for this and I love the colors. 


7. Palladio Eyeliner in Sky Blue- I am not the biggest fan of eyeliner, but this year I really got into blue eyeliner. The blue defines my eyes and brightens them up, but it's not as harsh as black eyeliner. This is the blue eyeliner I reached for a majority of the year. 


8. Mally Volumizing Mascara- I received two of these in Birchboxes this year which I was perfectly fine with. I think I received one in my January and one in my June which was perfect timing! I loved this mascara I found it more lengthening then volumizing, but it worked well on its own but with a volumizing mascara it was perfect! 


9. The Body Shop's Coconut Lip Butter- I have had this lip butter for a few years, but this year I was pretty good about using it before I went to bed. I could definitely tell a difference when I didn't use it at night. I also used it in the morning before I put on my makeup so when I am finished I can put on any lip product and this balm will moisturize my lips. 


10. Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Pixi Pink- I received this in my May Birchbox and fell in love! I used it a lot during the summer time because it was perfect to throw on and give my lips color, but also moisturize them. This is my favorite lip balm! 


11. Covergirl Wetslicks Amazement in Un-Wined- I have talked about this lip gloss for a few years and I am still VERY in love with it. First, the color is amazing. You can put on a light layer but you can layer it up and it becomes an opaque purple color. It also has a gorgeous shine and the mint seems to moisturize my lips. 


12. Korres Body Butter in Bergamot Pear-  I received two of these last year with the corresponding body wash and I used them for most of the year. I love the scent and it moisturized so well, I had to be careful how much I applied in the summertime.   
13. Equate Regular Nail Polish Remover- The reason this is in my Yearly favorites is because you stick your finger in a sponge to get your nail polish off. It is so much faster then putting it on a cottonball. This works perfectly 


14. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Light & Blonde- I love this dry shampoo! It works wonders on my greasy 2nd or 3rd day hair! I have blonde hair and a lot of other dry shampoos left a white residue in my hair that was hard to remove. I have also had a lot of trouble with bottles that dry shampoos come in. They always broke on me and I have never had a problem with the Batiste! 

I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what your favorite product you used this year was! Have a great day! 

~Annelise 

No comments:

Post a Comment